Research Goal :
Integration of medical physics and technology (MRI, MRS and fMRI) to understand brain disorders and identification of causal molecular process. Eventually that could lead to therapeutic discovery/development.
Ongoing Funded Studies
- Technology development for diagnostic purpose for Alzheimer and Parkinson disease using fMRI, MRS and MRI
- Brain chemical changes and its correlation in neurodegenerative disorders (e.g. Alzheimer, Parkinson etc) using MRS techniques.
- New medical image/signal processing scheme development.
- Memory performance and its analysis using functional MRI (fMRI).
- Anesthetics effect in the brain using imaging.
- Statistical analysis of MRS data
Clinical study are performed in collaboration with
- Dr. Manjari Tripathi, MD,DM (Department of Neurology, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi)
- Dr Vincenzo Fodale, MD, University of Messina, Italy